About Me

My photo
I am looking to excel in the ownership of retail businesses and real estate investments. Forever striving to become financially independent.I describe myself as a very straight forward person who like to take things in stride, when possible. Life is very exciting and has lots of opportunites and experiences to offer and I feel that I should always make the right use of it. I believe that I should always strive towards individual betterment in whichever form it may be.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Trapped Chilean Miners

Wow! What about the 33 Chilean miners that are trapped beneath more than 2,300 feet of rock? They are saying that it may take 3 to 4 months to get them out!!! One person per family was given about 20 seconds each to talk through a line that was rigged to connect the miners with life above ground.



The miners were sent vaccines to protect against diseases like diphtheria and tetanus. The risk of infection among the men is high as they are crammed in such a small space. Some of the miners are having problems with skin fungus, and there's a high risk that they could contract lung infections.



The miners have been sent rubber boots as well as chlorine to purify water from underground source. They have a video camera underground and are filming each other to show injuries they sustained during the cave-in. The images should help doctors diagnose and treat the men, though no one is thought to have incurred serious injuries.


I couldn't take it!!! What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment